Doula care can look like a lot of things, but its good to know what your doula can offer you when you choose her to be part of your birthing support team. If you choose to work with Allison at Heirloom Birth this is what our partnership would look like.
Birth Doula Package
- Free hour long consultation
- Two visits where we discuss your birth plan, review labor education materials, comfort measures, labor rehearsal, and partner roles
- Look ahead to Postpartum: help with plan development
- Each visit includes an optional garden-fresh veggie box!
- Physical, emotional support, and comfort provided throughout labor
- Advocacy and empowerment in any environment
- Support for partner involvement at their comfort level
- Two visits to continue support after your birthing experience
- Breastfeeding and lactation counseling
- Access to infant care information, and local resources
- Optional garden-fresh, seasonal vegetables at each postpartum visit!
I am always available to my client families via phone/text/email.
Formal "on-call" period extends from 37-42 weeks
- 10% fee reduction if paid in full at first visit
- One free consultation to discuss your needs, proposed schedule and to ensure compatibility.
- Prenatal visit at your home (baby care, sibling preparation, childproofing, relaxation)
- Emotional support (listening to your birth story, your fears/frustrations/concerns, observing your postpartum recovery, etc.)
- Baby care education and support (assist in bathing, feeding, comforting the baby, cutting baby's nails, organizing the nursery/your home, etc.)
- Breastfeeding or supplementing support
- Preparing simple, nutritious meals
- Maintaining simple housework (laundry, vacuuming, emptying garbage, straightening up the house, dust, dishes, etc.)
- Watching the baby and/or older children so Mom/Dad/Partner can rest
- Referrals to other professionals as needed
- Available by telephone, text and, email contact
- Minimum shift length is 3 hours
- Maximum shift length is 8 hours unless agreed upon prior to shift
- Client cancellation policy requires 24 hours notice
- 7 days notice for change of contract
- 1-2 visits per week $28/hr
- 3-4 visits per week $25/hr
- 5+x visits week $22/hr